Mgr, Plant Engineering-Full Time-Day
The Mgr, Plant Engineering Manages department; staffing, material and equipment use. Designs and implements policies, procedures, standards and objectives for servicing buildings, building systems and grounds. Coordinates with all departments to provide maximum level of timely service to patients and staff. Administers to respective service contracts vendor work and new project installations. Forecasts and develops budget and specific departmental and project financial disbursements. Develops and employs appropriate continuing safety awareness training program to departmental staff. Acts as a liaison to various governmental agencies affecting the physical facilities. Enforces code compliance. Demonstrates leadership as a role model to staff.
- Manages and recommends all Building Systems Infrastructure problems and corrective actions thru capital budget development. Provides corrective action scope of work and best vendor/cost analysis in order to remediate situations in the best feasible methods in a timely manner.
- Manage capital construction and equipment installation. Control cost and completion of Capital projects with minimal effect on the hospital.
- Evaluates situations/performance and directs appropriate measures to be implemented in order to provide quality assurance to the environment of care.
- Coordinate all contract work (I.C.R.A.). Scopes out all facility operational issues, and plans out with departments, prior to work, effecting building systems operations and/or access to various areas of the facility, and follows up with affected department managers daily. Prepares and reviews requests for proposals. Requests are finished in time to complete all projects on time.
- Manages required Safety Program implementation. Ensures schedule of all testing, surveillance rounds and documentation of required emergency/safety equipment, code enforcement, and remedial measures are applicable and documentation is completed in a timely manner. Implements and directs Preventative Maintenance Program. All equipment is in good repair and maintained as per facility policy and state/federal regulations.
- Provides the direction, recommendations, and tools necessary to the administration for deciding best facility/project use. Provides list of space allocations and projects along with advantages and disadvantages for analysis.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in successful Joint Commission Surveys completed.
- Minimum of 7 years of Facility Engineering experience in Health care Facility; proven track record of health care regulatory surveys successfully completed in reference to DOH, EPA, Joint Commission.
- Prior experience in mechanical engineering, construction management, health care construction management and AIA guidelines for construction
- Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1. 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related business/health field
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.