Health Information Associate
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The HIM Associate provides basic clerical support to the department which includes the retrieval, Chart tracking, scanning and quality control functions of medical record chart processing. Maintains data in management systems. Responsible for clarifying and correcting data including duplicate medical record numbers.
A day in the life of a Health Information Management Associate at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Retrieving medical records and transports to correct departments in a timely manner to facilitate patient care or hospital operations.
- Ensuring Quality Control of scanned records by reviewing each document to ensure they are appropriately placed in chart and information is not duplicated.
- Scanning any loose documents received by the department.
- Reviewing medical records and places in appropriate format with a focus on accuracy and productivity standards.
- Assisting medical staff in the medical record and chart completion process.
- Providing general administrative support to the department by making recommendations for maintenance, replacement and purchase supplies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or Educational Equivalent.
- Good organizational skills, with orientation to detail and accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication; including the ability to work interdepartmentally.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good computer skills.
- Experience working with standard office equipment: telephone, facsimile, copier, printer and scanner.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge of EPIC and Google Chrome applications a plus.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Experience in health care or related field.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.