Gift Thrift Shop Clerk Pd
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
As a gift thrift shop clerk, you will provides assistance to patients, employees and visitors with gift and lottery selections. Provides assistance and guidance to customers in need of directions.
A day in the life of a Gift Thrift Shop Clerk at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Customer Service:
- Provides assistance with selection of flowers and gifts.
- Operates cash register, lottery machine and electronic charges.
- Assists and/or directs visitors and patients to appropriate locations.
- Actively offers assistance to customers with selections, offering alternative suggestions when necessary.
- Accurately operates cash register, lottery machine and electronic charges.
- Courteously and accurately directs patients and visitors.
- Maintains department filing/record-keeping system.
- Filing/record-keeping is designed and maintained to allow for easy retrievals of information.
- Documents are filed accurately and on a regular basis.
- Inventory Management:
- Tracks inventory of candy, cookies, balloons and toiletries.
- Refill display for these items.
- Notifies the manager/buyer when these items are low so they can be ordered before items are out of stock.
- Displays are fully stocked and neat.
- Maintains daily lottery instant ticket record.
- Maintains records for magazine and daily newspapers.
- Instant lottery tickets are accurately recorded on the designated form with the correct beginning and ending ticket numbers.
- Magazines are recorded when received and returns are processed and filed accurately.
- Newspaper record is accurately filled in for number received and returned.
- Photocopies are made and distributed of requested materials, correspondence and/or reports.
- Documents are copied and distributed as per work request.
- Assists customers calling on the telephone to place orders for delivery of flowers and/or gifts to patients.
- Phone is answered within 3 rings and in a courteous manner.
- Informs caller of what is available to send to patients and accurately process the charge and arranges for the delivery of items.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Must have some prior retail experience, operating a cash register.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.