Executive Assistant - Full Time - Day
The Executive Assistant leads and directs the administrative needs of the leader(s) to whom s/he supports and is accountable for specific functional work products of the department. Forward-thinking and works independently with little to no supervision. Demonstrates a high degree of business acumen, sound judgment and discretion in decision-making, problem-solving and project management in a fast-paced, high performance environment. Models a high level of sophistication, confidentiality and integrity due to the highly sensitive nature and/or complexity of the work and associated interactions. Acts as a role model to peers fostering teamwork, collaboration, and integration among team members and leaders.
- Fully and proactively manages calendar and schedule to align with leadership's key priorities, maximize efficiency, and coordinate the leadership team's time most effectively together and separately. Applies time management principles to increase effectiveness of leaders by planning for needs and materials needed for travel, project preparation, blocking strategic thinking time and ensuring readiness for key meetings. Reviews calendar and activities with leaders as appropriate.
- Manages mail and email to ensure only relevant correspondence is seen by the leader. Researches, prioritizes, and follows-up on incoming messages, issues and concerns addressed to the leader, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Acts as a liaison between the executive and various parties such as outside consultants, leaders, team members, patients, physicians and community leaders. Screens and fields phone calls and, where appropriate, proactively evaluates and resolves caller's inquiries. Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; proactively drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating communications without direction to varied stakeholders.
- Responsible for utilizing advanced Microsoft office skills to prepare professional documents from creative powerpoints to creating spreadsheets and charts. Routinely proofs leaders' and the teams' work for accuracy and proactively coordinates changes. Successfully completes critical aspects of all deliverables with a hands-on and well-organized approach that facilitates the executive's ability to lead while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensures the executive is well informed and prepared with historical perspectives, documentation, analyses, reports, presentations, and any other information necessary to support key business decisions.
- Attends, as appropriate department, leader or board meetings and takes minutes and follows up on all action plans or deliverables and advises leaders of any missed deadlines or concerns with meeting scheduled deadlines. Arranges everything necessary for all meetings, trainings and special events with little or no direction. Proactively and independently executes travel arrangements including accommodations, itineraries and expenses.
- Represents the executive internally and externally, acting as a liaison between the executive and team members, patients, physicians, guests, and other leaders. Strives to continually improve internal and external guest relations through the identification of needs and problem resolution. Utilizes strong discretion and professionalism with internal and external business contacts. Builds productive cross-functional relationships across all levels of organization.
- Acts as leader's proxy or project manager as appropriate and assigned. Responsible to lead functional/work projects for department and/or executive which may include leading budget efforts from preparation to expense and variance tracking, serving as lead representative with outside auditors/compliance organizations and the completion of analyses and other projects.
- Accountable to take primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project/work assignment. He/she is responsible for identifying key resources and stakeholders and providing the direction required for meeting the project objectives including defining and executing deliverables, creating timelines, and prioritizing tasks, delegating to others as needed, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans. Accountable for results.
- Has an advanced understanding of department, company, and/or brand and promotes it throughout all interactions and work products.
- May assist in the interviewing and hiring of new assistants, as needed.
- Trains new administrative assistants, when necessary. Delegates tasks to other administrative assistants and conducts team meetings to align administrative activities with department and/or work group objectives.
- Measures and continually improves processes, procedures, programs, and services that enhance the ability to manage workflow within the department.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working for top level Executive(s).
- Bachelor's degree may be substituted for some of the required experience.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative and handle stressful situations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.