Environmental Service Aide
The Environmental Service Aide is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing room and furnishings in assigned work area, following established policies and procedures to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the hospital.
- Clean and disinfect patient's rooms, bathrooms, furniture and other areas of the facility in a timely manner.
- Deliver linen and remove trash from assigned areas.
- Sweep and mop patient's rooms.
- Maintain adequate stock of materials, supplies and chemicals on cleaning cart and in janitor;s closet.
- Consistently perform daily floor care procedure.
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and polished - carts, tanks and buckets are emptied and rinsed at shift end.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned which are according to hospital policies & procedures.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs
- Strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers
- Exceptional focus on teamwork
- Ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus
- Previous Environmental Service or Housekeeping experience
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) Licenses
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.