Certified Medical Assistant, Physician Practices, Hackensack Meridian Health
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Certified Medical Assistant will provide clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice.
Opportunities available at Primary and Specialty Practices in Ocean, Monmouth, Middlesex, Bergen, and Hudson Counties throughout NJ!
Types of general practices include: Primary Care, Internal Medicine, and Family Practice
Specialties include: OBGYN, Pediatrics, Surgical, Oncology, Urology, Urgent Care, Vascular, and many more!
Full-time * Part-time * Per Diem Opportunities offering competitive pay, benefits, and career development!
We are seeking both experienced candidates as well as new graduates with externship experience!
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes :
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Smiles, making patients/visitors feel welcome and important; makes direct eye contact; assists patients with sign in process; responds promptly to patients’ needs, including assisting them with form completion; monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner. Consistently, accurately and independently prioritizes and completes clinical assignments within office guidelines. Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures, obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs; provides patient instructions per physician’s order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider. Rooms are cleaned and sanitized per protocol. Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- Responsible for front office tasks, greeting patients, checking patients in, taking copays, verifying insurance coverage and answering phones
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- MUST be a Nationally Certified Medical Assistant
- Flexibility to commit to various shifts and travel between multiple locations as needed
- Minimum 6 months CMA experience desired, will accept new grads with externship experience
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
Our Physician Practices are located in a variety of towns!
Some examples are: Manahawkin, Toms River, Brick, Jackson, Neptune, Tinton Falls, Shrewsbury, Eatontown, Old Bridge, Manalapan, Freehold, Perth Amboy, Woodbridge, Parlin, North Bergen, and Hackensack
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.