Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Engineer IV
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The VDI Infrastructure Engineer IV (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) Architects, designs, configures, installs and maintains the organization's Citrix/VDI IT infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities. Handles complex issues and problems, and works with the vendor on the most complex issues. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the Citrix/VDI subject matter. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to other Infrastructure Engineers.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Engineer IV at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Architect & design Citrix / VDI infrastructure to support new initiatives.
- Configure and install Citrix /VDI infrastructure to support current and new initiatives.
- Implement application virtualization and coordinates testing with application owner teams.
- Creates, manages and implements gold images/build packages and application packages for VMware/Citrix environment.
- Plan and maintain the VDI environment utilizing industry standard best practices.
- Provide VDI architectural planning and direction.
- Plan, organize, direct and maintain infrastructure and documentation of VDI.
- Ensure high availability of the operation state of the VDI.
- Engage in capacity plan exercises to ensure adequate system resources.
- Maintains the organization's IT infrastructure.
- Configures, installs, maintains, and provides support for critical software and hardware components.
- Monitors system availability and troubleshoots and resolves connectivity interruptions.
- Measures and improves performance and scalability.
- Helps develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans.
- Responsible for basic management of storage solutions.
- Produces documentation for systems and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
- Virus Management, Assist in the day-to-day tasks critical patching, vulnerability remediation, meeting desired state and configurations.
- Must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs., and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of experience in IT working with VDI desktop administration and supporting Information Technology Infrastructure.
- Proficient knowledge of VDI best practices.
- Knowledge of windows Server Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Security concepts and technologies, including PCI & PHI understanding.
- Knowledge of VMware, vSphere and Horizon View.
- Knowledge of enterprise-scale patch management & related maintenance methodologies.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DBS, DHCP & DFS.
- Knowledge of Enterprise storage, EMC, SAN, NAS.
- Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies.
- Knowledge of Horizon View VDI Citrix virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of EMC Avamar backup & Recovery Including DR.
- Ability to multitask and strong analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong organization skills.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Citrix Certified Associate or VMWare Certified Professional.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.