How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As a part of the Community Care Management team. Responsibilities for this role include: patient education and outreach, follow-up phone calls, identifying patient care gaps, assisting in quality audits, assigned patient care and related administrative duties under the direct supervision of a licensed healthcare practitioner and other duties as assigned.
A day in the life of a Transition Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Works in collaboration with the care manager to support patients through identifying or recommending in network, community based assistance, or support programs to help meet patient goals.
- Participates in making follow-up phone calls to target population as directed by care manager.
- Reviews target patient lists or disease registries to identify low- and emerging-risk patients.
- Where applicable - Monitor that appropriate home care, hospice care and other ancillary services (DME, infusion services etc.) are in place and are being delivered as directed by the care team.
- Conducts follow-up telephone calls to low and rising risk patients to eliminate identified care gaps (IE preventative call campaign).
- Assists with scheduling of care team visits to physician offices as needed.
- Identifies patient complaints or issues that must be reported to the appropriate person (IE clinician, social worker, care manager, or supervisor.
- Performs technical, administrative, and clerical duties as directed by the licensed healthcare practitioner and within the scope of training and certification.
- Documents data and care in the population health care management system and maintains confidentiality.
- Travel to various provider offices.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- 1-3 years CMA experience in a physician practice.
- Telephone etiquette and strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel to various provider offices in Monmouth/Ocean County.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of Excel.
- Strong interest in working with patients - Ability to prioritize and multitask , and work in a fast paced diverse
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge about population health management and clinical integration principles and processes.
Licenses & Certifications Required:
- National Medical Assistant Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.