Teacher Associate II - Full Time
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Teacher Associate II is responsible for maintaining a safe and respectful learning environment in accordance with all curriculum and program established standards. The Teacher Associate II acts as a lead or support depending on their primary learning environment assignment.
** Needed for Infants, Toddlers, and Two's **
A day in the life of a Teacher Associate II at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Assists the Teacher and guides the Teacher Associate I in implementing both long and short range activities in accordance with educational component plans, curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practices and program philosophy.
2. Prepares the learning environment, setting up interest areas, preparing needed materials and supplies to implement the program curriculum.
3. Actively participates in all activities with the children throughout the day.
4. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems through expertise judgment aligned with early childhood best practices and licensing regulations.
5. Assesses and identifies the children's individual and collective learning needs and prepares a plan of instruction that caters to the full ability range in the class.
6. Exercises open and respectful communication with families, team members, supervisors and other center staff.
7. Work collaboratively with families, team members, supervisors and other center staff.
8. Assists the Teacher in fostering appropriate skills and social attitudes in the children.
9 .Ensures the health and safety of the children at all times while maintaining a safe and positive learning environment for all the children.
10. Supervises, supports and guides the Teacher Associate I in the instructional process.
11. Maintains and meets all educational requirements for NAEYC Accreditation Standards and Criteria.
12. Maintains and meets all required licensing requirements for the Department of Children and Families-Office of Licensing.
13. Encompasses knowledge and understanding of Grow NJ Kids Rating System, Criteria and Applications.
14. Attend and participate in professional development meetings and conferences.
15. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
16. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies, job competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Minimum 2 years of experience in a child care setting or related field.
3. A talent for fostering children's appetite for learning.
4. Creative and resourceful, combined with strong planning and organizational skills.
5. Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as an in-depth knowledge of classroom activities and teaching methods.
6. Genuine interest in children and respect for their individuality.
7. The ability to establish positive relationships with families and other professionals.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Child Development Associate Certification(CDA)/Child Care Professional Certificate (CCP) in early childhood or related field, and two or more years of experience working in an early childhood setting; and/or requires an Associate Degree in early childhood or related field.
2. Must maintain Pediatric First Aid/CPR AED certifications and active NJCCIS registry within 30 days of hire (NJCCIS-New Jersey Child Care Information System for early childhood professionals serving children birth through age thirteen).
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.