Staff Development Educator- Home Care- Wall NJ - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
The responsibilities of the Staff Development Educator with Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provide education and focused training for the organization. Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating educational programs and/or training programs. Assist the organization with quality improvement and programs focusing on customer service. Assist the organization in assuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Assist the department with the implementation of any new programs from development to delivery. Effectively utilize various techniques and creative approaches that focus on meeting organization needs.
- Develop and oversee monthly Education Calendar. Plan needed programs and assure program availability to all disciplines. Include all education and programs required by the NJ Department of Health (NJDOH) and The Joint Commission (TJC).
- Act as a clinical resource. Function as an expert clinical resource assisting staff in new or complex patient care treatments.
- Plan, develop and implement a standardized, comprehensive orientation program for all staff utilizing EMR. Develop and oversee mentor program. Develop and implement preceptor program yearly per organization need.
- Research best practices for the home care/hospice setting based upon evidenced-based practices and educate clinicians accordingly.
- Participate in performance improvement activities and regulatory initiatives such as data analysis, chart auditing and TJC/State survey preparation with the Director of Quality/Staff Development.
- Develop, implement and teach the Home Health Aide certification classes as set forth by the Board of Nursing. Work with director to identify class need, scheduled dates. Oversee the application and certification process.
- Educate staff on the principles of infection control. Conduct surveillance and compile data as required.
- Work closely with manager to communicate any unresolved issues or concerns. Work closely with vendors to plan programs on new products.
- Implement educational programs in response to identified needs in a timely manner.
- Represent the organization at system and community level committees as needed/necessary.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas. Act as back up to the clinical operations as needed.
- Adheres to HMH’s Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three (3) Years Healthcare Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Training Platform Skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Home Care/Hospice Experience
- Master’s Degree
- Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement/Staff Development Experience
- RN License
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.