How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, the Residency Coordinator is responsible for daily operations and coordination of activities of the residency/fellowship program. Remains abreast if regulatory requirements and assures that the program meets these requirements. Maintains key records on all residents, organizes recruitment and on site interviewing, manages the evaluation program, and serves as contact point for all residents both past and present. Liaison between Program Director and Associate Program Director with Faculty Physicians.
- Provides support and meets regularly with the Program Director concerning office management issues and activities and the status of projects, identifies and evaluates the methods for improving workflow and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations to the Program Director for improvement. May assist in program-level policy development.
- Assures that key documentation is accurate and available to reviewers in a timely manner to meet tight deadlines.
- Partners with academic affairs office to identify new recruitment sources and coordinate advertising. Coordinates the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process including scheduling on-site interviews.
- Maintains the ERAS database (Electronic Residency Application System) and oversees its processes during the Residency Recruitment season.
- Performs all Match responsibilities and corresponds with newly matched residents about requirements and process for appointment to the hospitals. In applicable programs, assists quota review and rank list entry and certification in NRMP (National Residency Matching Program).
- Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program’s curriculum and adhere to Accreditation Council Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements. Drives accreditation activities – ACGME Site Visits, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc. Develops, distributes and monitors annual rotation, clinic and call schedules as well as program evaluations. Serves as the primary point of contact for the residents regarding all inquiries related to the program; events, rotations, educational seminars and individual schedules. Ensures information on website is updated in a timely manner. Administers and communicates all aspects of the exam; monitors efficiency of proctoring process.
- Tracks, reports and ensures compliance with procedures regarding licensing, moonlighting, annual contracts, and initial and re-credentialing of trainees.
- Following selection and match of resident, coordinates timely review and authorization of contract by respective resident.
- Coordination and preparation of monthly meeting agenda and minutes for Program Evaluation Committee (PEC) meetings under the supervision of the Program Director/Associate Program Director.
- Develops, monitors and reports on the training program budget. Works with the business manager and/or Administrative Director to ensure accuracy of monthly budget statements and develops yearly residency budget. Responsible for recurring purchase orders for the residency program, processing all check requests, and paying bills associated with the program’s activities under the supervision of the GME Coordinator. May be responsible for management of grants awarded to individual residents and faculty.
- Maintains data and employment files for residents including program rotational details, related performance evaluations, event schedules and lectures. Ensures records remain confidential and only accessible to those with authority to review. Trains residents to document their day to day procedures for their clinical specialty. Reviews data for each resident to ensure standards and procedures are adhered to. Provides direction to vendor regarding program needs and enhancements – develops reports. These files will be both on-line in New Innovations (a graduate medical education software platform) or in paper.
- Manages materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may assist with proctoring exams
- Assists program director in planning, developing, and implementing residency/fellowship program quality improvement activities.
- Coordinates planning and preparation of the annual graduation event.
- Maintains residency files. Ensures completion of exit survey. Submits certificates of completion as appropriate.
- Provides both administrative supervision and support to residents/interns/fellows. Acts as a liaison between residents and hospital administration when necessary. Established relationships and acts as a liaison to other Hospitals, internal departments, and divisions regarding resident recruitment, orientation, annual program Affiliation Agreements, and external rotations.
- Along with the Program Director, oversees department-level trainee orientation.
- Develops and distributes call schedule.
- Manages undergraduate medical student rotations in the department
- Coordinates Continuing Medical Education activities for the Department.
- Other job duties as assigned by the Program Director or the Department Chairperson.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Administrative experience in health system or college setting highly desired
- Working knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements of residency program strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power-Point
- Critical Thinking and attention to detail is imperative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel between HMH facilities is required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.