How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Under the Direction of the Program Director and Department Chairperson, the Residency Coordinator is responsible for daily operations and coordination of activities of the residency program. Remains abreast of regulatory requirements and assures that the program meets these requirements. Maintains key records on all residents, organizes recruitment and on site interviewing, manages the evaluation program and serves as contact point for all residents both past and present.
- Accreditation Preparation: Assures that key documentation is accurate and available to reviewers in a timely manner to meet tight deadlines.
- Recruitment: Partners with academic affairs officer to identify new recruitment sources and coordinate advertising. Coordinates the resident recruitment and selection process including on site interviews.
- Program Coordinator/Resident Advisor: Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program’s curriculum and adhere to ACGME requirements. Drives accreditation activities-ACGME Site Visits, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc. Develops, distributes and monitors annual rotation, clinic and call schedules as well as program evaluations. Serves as the primary pointy of contact for the residents regarding all inquiries related to the program; events, rotations, educational seminars and individual schedules. Ensures information on website is updated in a timely manner. Administers and communicates all aspects of the exam; monitors efficiency of proctoring process.
- Accreditation Preparation and Permit Application/Resident Contracts: Following selection and match of residents, coordinates timely review and authorization of contract by respective resident. (Approximate size of the program run by an individual resident coordinator: Pediatrics-24, OB-16, Internal Medicine-58.)
- Online Education System (Evalue) Support and Control: Maintains data for 100 plus residents including program rotational details, related performance evaluations, event schedules and lectures. Ensures records remain confidential and only accessible to those with authority to review. Trains residents to document their day to day procedures for their clinical specialty. Reviews data for each resident to ensure standards and procedures are adhered to. Provides direction to vendor regarding program needs and enhancements-develops reports.
- Program Improvement: Assist Program Director in planning, developing, and implementing residency program quality improvement activities.
- Post Program Activities: Coordinates planning and preparation of the annual graduation event. Maintains residency files, ensures completion of exit survey and submits certificates of completion as appropriate.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Prior experience in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements of Medicine Residency preferred
- Experience of New Innovations, preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.