Research Associate - Full Time - Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
This role requires collaboration with both medical and scientific researchers in complex design, collection, management and analysis of data, interpretation of results, preparation of reports, and publications of research for research projects.
- Collaborates with medical and scientific researchers in designing research studies.
- Collaborates with project investigators and data entry teams to perform baseline, interim and
final statistical analysis of research databases in accordance with federal and private grants and
- Assists in development and the maintenance of complex databases for research studies.
- Assists faculty with special research projects, including medical information requests and special
studies, analyzing proposed studies to determine feasibility.
- Assists in the writing of grants and scientific publications, providing expertise and scientific
context regarding the study design and statistical techniques to be used.
- Provides biostatistical expertise in the preparation of clinical research proposals.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Public Health, Mathematics or
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and attentiveness to detail required, as well as the abilit to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise that is very applicable to a wide area of medical research including but not limited to
clinical and preclinical studies, quality of life survey studies, and observational studies in big
- Strong background in survival analysis methods.
- Strong analytical skills to develop complex statistical model.
- Substantial SAS Programming experience.
- Experience programming in R, S-Plus, STATA, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.