Rehabilitation Associate - Full Time
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Rehabilitation Associate assists in patient care related activities and performs routine department clerical tasks such as answering telephones, charge entry, photocopying, maintaining inventory of supplies, completion of census sheets, and other duties as assigned.
A day in the life of a Rehabilitation Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Charting: Copies, filing, charting and mail are completed as per task list.
2. Clerical Support: Provides phone support, relays messages to the appropriate party, and takes messages as needed. Phone is answered within 3 rings and in a courteous manner. Provides clerical support such as making copies, files, sorts mail, and schedules residents.
3. Committee Representative: Participates on committees as requested by the supervisor.
4. Customer Service: Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors.
5. Delivery of Care: Models and maintains a safe environment in which to deliver services and employs correct body mechanics during activities. Assistance in performing activities of daily living is provided to all patients in a safe, courteous and timely manner.
6. Equipment Cleaning: Equipment is cleaned and disinfected as per department policy.
7. Equipment Inventory: Maintains all supplies and equipment, including tracking inventory and ordering supplies and/or notifying appropriate staff to order supplies. Work area is neat and clean and proper inventories are met.
8. Exercise and Ambulation: Monitors patient with an established exercise program and ambulates patients safely under the supervision of a professional
9. Infection Control: Provides for and maintains an orderly, clean and well-prepared department. Distributes linen and supplies, handles laundry, puts away equipment after use and performs cleaning and maintenance of equipment according to departmental policies.
10. Patient Scheduling: As requested, patient scheduling is performed in a time efficient manner, as per departmental policies. Patients flow into the appropriate treatment areas in an orderly and timely fashion.Provides for and maintains orderly, well prepared patient treatment areas. Patient is assisted with reasonable needs/or as directed in a safe, courteous and timely manner.
11. Patient/Team Member Rapport: Develops a rapport and mutual respect with the patient and team members to assist in fostering an optimum environment for goal achievement.
12. Phone Support: Phone is answered within three rings and in a courteous manner. Accurate and complete phone messages are taken.
13. Resident Transport: Residents are transported into the appropriate treatment areas in an orderly and timely fashion. Notifies Supervisor of unsafe conditions and handles emergency situations in an appropriate manner.
14. All patient questions/concerns are referred to the appropriate therapist.
15. Therapy assistance is provided in a safe environment, utilizing proper body mechanics.
16. Notifies appropriate team members of supply and equipment needs for the department in a timely manner.
17. Assists therapists to ensure efficiency of department, especially during high patient volume.
18. Whirlpools are prepared and cleaned according to established departmental policies, as directed by the therapist.
19. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
20. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.