Rehab Supervisor (Physical Therapy) - Outpatient - Full Time
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Supervisor, Rehab Therapy is responsible for the productivity, staffing requirements and customer service of the Rehab department. Provides optimum environment for staff development and communication regarding human resources activity. Ensure that staff has the skills and training to perform within acceptable guidelines. Leads department in activities to enhance safety, quality, efficiency, and access to rehabilitative and fitness services.
A day in the life of a Supervisor, Rehab Therapy at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Manages discharge planning. Initiates the discharge planning process at initial evaluation and ensures satisfactory completion.
2. Ensures compliance with records keeping. Ensures daily notes are completed legibly and timely per
department policy. Discharge summaries are completed in a timely manner, reflecting goal achievement and functional status with appropriate recommendations. Re-evaluations are completed. Goals and treatment plan updated as per department policy.
3. Manages patient evaluation process and patient plan of care. Gathers all information necessary to properly
evaluate the patient's needs as per department policy, including testing and consultations with other health care
professionals, as appropriate. The evaluation is completed within time frames as specified in departmental
policies. Incorporates evaluative findings in establishing time oriented functional and measurable short and
long-term goals. Patient/Caregiver goals are considered in the plan of care. Develops and implements an
individualized treatment program based on established goals.
4. Ensures positive patient and guest communications. Develops a rapport and mutual respect with the
patient/caregiver and team members to foster an optimum environment Provides and documents education in an
5. Promotes activities to enhance department performance and access. Actively leads in the performance
improvement process to enhance safety, quality, efficiency and access of rehabilitative services.
6. Ensures appropriate clinical practice activities of the rehabilitation services staff are being
delivered to patients within the established standards of care. Therapy is provided in a safe environment, utilizing
proper body mechanics. Administers the evaluations in a manner appropriate to the patient's disability,
demonstrating respect for the patient's needs. Demonstrates and implements appropriate treatment techniques
and skills with patients. Recommends and provides education related to utilization of appropriate
discipline-specific therapy equipment (i.e.: assistive devices, taping, bracing).
7. Tracks, analyzes, and reports on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or
requested. Develops, recommends and/or implements actions or process improvements as appropriate.
8. Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas. Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
9. Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement. Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals. Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
10. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
11. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in PT, OT, or Speech.
2. Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Master's degree in PT, OT, or Speech.
2. Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience.
3. Minimum of 1 years supervisory experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Physical Therapist License or Occupational Therapist License or Speech Language Pathology License or Audiology License.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.