Project Manager, Healthcare Facilities
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Our Realty Division is hiring for a Project Manager for our Facilities teams. In this role, you will act as an advocate for HMH, on behalf of hospital leadership and administration, to oversee and manage facility planning, design, construction activities via contracted designers, engineers and construction contractors. In this role, you will be responsible for assuring schedules and budgets are met and that such projects meet quality, regulatory and Board requirements.
Our ideal candidate has a background in property management forhealth care organizations specifically with physician offices, medical arts, outpatient services, data centers, and administrative offices. Proficiency with leases, repairs and build-outs, managing vendor contacts, as well as financials/ budgets/ and reporting are critical to the success of the role.
A day in the life of a Project Manager, Facilities at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Bidding and Financial Analysis: On behalf of each hospital administrative team, solicits project pricing. Oversees contract bid process and evaluation of submitted proposals for assigned projects. Analyzes, develops, negotiates and monitors scope.
- Construction Management: Oversees, manages and coordinates construction activities of all major assigned capital projects, monitors approval processes and expedites related activities. Has final responsibility to ensure that construction of assigned projects stay on schedule and within approved budget and that they are aligned with Meridian safety policies and industry best practices.
- Engineering and Design: On behalf of the hospital administrative teams; develops, reviews, negotiates and recommends contract terms with architects and engineers to specific phases or aspects of each project, such as technical studies, design, preparation of specification and technical requirements. Coordinates the review and approval with authorities having jurisdiction over the projects such as DCA , DOH and local governmental entities.
- Equipment System Integration: Monitors and assists in the expediting of new capital equipment acquisitions according to sanctioned Legal and IT Departments review and approval processes. In order to properly design for and install state of the art medical equipment, this position must have a solid technical understanding of the medical equipment required and how Legal/Regulatory: Collaborates with corporate legal departments and outside counsel to ensure that contracts are negotiated and executed within corporate guidelines. Maintains sensitivity to code compliance, hospital operations, interim life safety and infection control procedures.
- Planning and Development: Coordinates expectations of Hospital Administration and department leaders with Board of Trustee mandated goals and approved resources. Develops selected design, construction and project estimates for the capital budget prioritization and approval processing.
- Project Coordination: Coordinates selected project design across the HMH Network. Guides a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, hospital managers and clinicians. Position is directly accountable for an average of 20 projects in various stages of planning, design and construction.
- People Management: Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement. Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals. Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Financial Management: Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas. Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
- Data Management and Analytics: Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested. Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BS/BA Engineering, Project Management or Architecture
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Project management and/or Healthcare Facility design and Operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.