Physician Assistant, Per Diem Neurosurgery Neptune
Physician Assistant will provide direct patient care, consultations, education research activities, and clinical supervision. Will demonstrate ability to function as an expert clinical resource, facilitate patient teaching and support program for families/patients, and promote continuity of patient care within the institution from admittance to discharge by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team.
Physician Assistant, Per Diem Neurosurgery Practice for Jersey Shore UMC, Hope Tower -Neptune
Per Diem Day position
- Elicit a detailed and accurate history, perform an appropriate physical examination, identify problems, record and interpret information. Present this information to the supervising physician.
- Participate in house staff rounds with the supervising physician including, but not limited to recording progress notes, determining and implementing therapeutic plans.
- Perform clinically appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as delegated by the supervising physician and in accordance with the privileges set forth by the Medical Staff Office.
- Provide patient counseling and education
- Coordinate referrals to other health care providers.
- Function as a resource to health care personnel and participate in their educational programs.
- Maintain current certifications in Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (BLS/ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), any other certifications required by the attending physician or Medical Staff Office.
- Maintain current NJ State Physician Assistant certification, including attending a minimum of 100 hours of continuing education (at least 50 hrs. Category I) every two years.
- Prescribe controlled dangerous substances only with current state CDS license and DEA number and in accordance with standard protocols/direction provided by the supervising physician.
- Exhibit organizational, communication and leadership skills, initiative, accountability, responsibility, appropriate judgment, and decision making
- Function as a first and/or second assistant during surgical cases at the discretion of the supervising physician.
The physician assistant shall perform all procedures under the supervision of his/her supervising physician, in accordance with the Medical Staff Office guidelines. Must have New Jersey Physician Assistant License.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.