Pharmacy Technician - Full time with benefits - Evenings
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A Pharmacy Tech works under the direct supervision of a Registered pharmacist, assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in a manner to provide medications accurately and efficiently to the patient population served by Hackensack Meridian Health.
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Tech at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assist pharmacists under direct supervision to prepare and dispense medications.
- Delivers medications to the nursing unit and appropriately stores medications to assure security and proper storage conditions.
- Refills automated dispensing cabinets, ensuring proper expiration dates on all medications at all times.
- Prepares IV medications under direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Stocks medications areas as per hospital policy.
- Monitors and adjust preparations schedules for maintenance infusions.
- Pre-packages medications as required for unit of use dispensing
- Conducts monthly floor inspections and monitors expiration dates in pharmacy areas
- Supervise technicians
- Maintain documentation and control of controlled substances
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be a Registered Pharmacy Technician in State of New Jersey
- PTCB Certification (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) preferred
- Hospital Experience Preferred
- Effective oral and written English communication
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.