Pharmacist - Part-time with benefits - Nights
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through integrated drug distribution and clinical services ensuring the safe and effective utilization of medications. The Pharmacist is responsible for the dispensing and monitoring of medication therapy in accordance with all applicable regulations and standards.
A day in the life of a Pharmacist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Complies with and enforces all state and federal regulations and HMH and site-specific policies and procedures relating to all aspects of pharmaceutical care and medication management.
- Responsible for the review and verification of all medications prior to dispensing from the pharmacy department. This review includes, but is not limited to, allergies, polypharmacy, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, and clinical appropriateness. Appropriate communication with the provider will occur if necessary.
- Responsible for the oversight of dispensing, chain of custody, and accountability of controlled dangerous substances.
- Appropriate handling of investigational drugs at sites where applicable.
- Adheres to USP 795, 797, and 800 standards in accordance with current regulatory standards for sterile and nonsterile compounding and hazardous drugs.
- Responsible for the oversight of all activities of ancillary personnel (Pharmacy Technicians and Assistant/Couriers).
- Employs principles of safe medication best practices as recommended by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, Joint Commission and outlined in HMH guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developing/age, educational, literacy, etc.)
- Provides pharmacological information by researching and answering questions and requests of other healthcare professionals.
- Actively participates in pharmacy clinical initiatives including, but not limited to, renal dose adjustments, IV to PO conversions, pharmacokinetic dosing, antibiotic stewardship, opioid stewardship, etc. Pharmacists are available for patient counseling upon request.
- Responsible for training pharmacy staff and residents in all areas of pharmacy practice, including the location of medication management resources and guidelines. Accountable for educating pharmacy students and interns while on rotation.
- Responsible for completing network and departmental competencies, and licensing and certification requirements.
- Performs or oversees assigned unit inspections to assure adherence to medication management standards, including the appropriate storage and security of medications.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy, or equivalent, with a minimum of a BS degree in Pharmacy.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1-2 years of hospital pharmacy experience.
- Knowledge of principles of USP 795, 797, and 800.
- EPIC experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Registered Pharmacist License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.