Psychologist Pediatric Program JSUMC FT
Come join the NJ Pediatric Psychiatry Collaborative (PPC) at Jersey Shore University Medical Center. The NJPPC provides consultative support to pediatricians and pediatric providers through NJ to assist them in managing their patients behavioral and mental health concerns within their medical practices. We are seeking a psychologist to join a growing team and play an active role in improving pediatric patient’s access to behavioral health services. The position is full time with benefits. The psychologist will serve as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team for the purpose of collaborating, coordinating, and consulting with physicians, behavioral health team, parents etc. to support pediatric patients’ behavioral, emotional, and mental wellbeing.This is a grant funded pediatric psychology collaborative program in its 9th year for the Hackensack Meridian Health network. Covering 20 counties in NJ including Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, Union, Hudson and Bergen. Monday -Friday day time (8:30am-5pm) with some flexability. One office at Jersey Shore UMC and one satellite location in Hasbrouck Heights.
1. Conduct assessments for the purpose of identifying and developing academic, behavior and social-emotional goals and
interventions, and appropriate supports to meet the child’s needs.
2. Write comprehensive psychological assessments to include pertinent background history, testing results, diagnosis,
and treatment recommendations. Provide testing results and treatment recommendations to all members of the child’s
care team and family.
3. Participate in case conferences with a multi-disciplinary team including child and adolescent psychiatrists, social
workers, licensed counselors, etc.
4. Consult with pediatricians/pediatric providers, clinical staff, and parents on issues related to social development as well
as behavioral and academic difficulties.
5. Assist pediatricians, parents, and clinical staff in advocating for patients to receive educational accommodations and
evaluations at schools when appropriate.
6. Meet with and provide information, support, and counseling to parents/guardians of pediatric patients.
7. Prepare and maintain complete reports of each patient assessed; interpret assessment findings for clinical staff,
parents, and pediatricians.
8. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
9. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. New Jersey Doctoral degree in psychology.
2. Demonstrated experience in working with children and adolescents.
3. Strong experience in psychological assessment and report writing.
4. Understanding of DSM-V diagnostic procedures.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with a wide
range of individuals/groups.
6. Knowledge of behavioral mental health, collaborative and/or consultation models/methods and their application.
7. Understanding HIPAA requirements for mental health records and maintaining appropriate documentation in
compliance with legal and ethical standards.
8. Knowledge of procedures for assessing developmental, emotional, and behavioral functions including cross-battery
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
1. NASP-accredited program in psychology.
2. Bilingual in Spanish.
3. Experience providing clinical training and supervision, and a commitment to training the next generation of
4. Experience neuro-developmental testing such as Autism spectrum disorder.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Current New Jersey State Psychology license.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.