Nurse Practitioner Stroke Center JSUMC Per Diem
The Advanced Practice Nurse performs the role utilizing the patient-centered coordinated care model demonstrated through the following competencies: leadership, direct clinical practice, consultation/collaboration, coaching/guiding, research, and ethical decision making. Works collaboratively with other members of the practice/hospital team to assess, plan and implement care for individuals with health and safety needs.
This is a per diem nurse practitioner position in the Stroke Center at Jersey Shore UMC in Neptune.
Critical care experience in a hospital setting required.
Days and nights and weekend schedule.
1. Provides medical assessments, treatments, clearances for HMH applicants, team members, constituents and external customers per specific company profiles & or regulatory standards. 2. Performs clinical care professionally, serving as a customer advocate and role model. 3. Clinical practice accurately reflects NJ Board of Medical Examiners regulations, Code of Ethics, the current NJ Department of Health requirements, and HMH policies and procedures. 4. Develops and implements appropriate plan of care. 5. Facilitates patient teaching and support programs for patients/ and employers 6. Evaluates current protocols and standards of care for translation of best practice into clinical practice. Supports the development of evidenced-based practice protocols and standards of care that include interventions and treatments to achieve desired outcomes. 7. Applies evidence and value-based practices to achieve positive outcomes for patients. 8. Provides medication safely and effectively to promote effective recovery from on-the-job injury/illness 9. Prescribes medications and/or recommends over-the-counter medications as appropriate. 10. Initiates laboratory tests, immunizations, and diagnostic test/procedures as appropriate according to regulation and scope of practice. 11. Demonstrates competent clinical skills with treatment plans using most effective screening test or procedure. 12. Collaborates with physician and consults effectively with other members of the health care team 13. Demonstrate effective communication skills interdisciplinary to achieve results 14. Provides accurate, systematic and organized documentation of findings, recommendations/plan and education 15. Independently participates in continuing education and maintains documentation. Develops a personal plan of development in area of clinical expertise, conferring with leader on goals and objectives. 16. Provides culturally diverse and educationally appropriate education in relation to patient care/needs. 17. Serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff, patients, and other multidisciplinary team members across the continuum to evaluate complex patients and identify appropriate interventions and evaluation of outcomes. 18. Participates in policy/procedure reviews for updating with current evidence-based and value-based practices 19. Acts as a resource to staff for addressing clinical, process, and system opportunities for improvement which promote excellence in care and clinical outcomes. 20. Promotes a collaborative work environment which supports the organizational mission, behavior expectations and values. 21. Promotes innovation within clinical practice by seeking opportunities to bring new clinical knowledge into practice. 22. Identifies ethical care issues and coordinates interdisciplinary collaborative meetings to resolve those issues. 23. Floats to various clinic locations as needed. 24. Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 25. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing
2. Master's Degree
3. Maintains clinical competencies through participating in continuing educational programs (contact hours per years), and clinical practice as mandated by Board of Nursing and national certification body.
4. Experience in relevant patient care setting or as regulations dictate
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Master's Prepared Advanced Practice Nurse
2. Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
3. Strong organizational and computer skills
4. Effective verbal and written communication skills
5. Emotional intelligence, critical thinking and effective interpersonal skills
6. Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities
7. Valid Driver's license
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
2. Advanced Practice Nurse Cetification (w/ Master's Degree).
3. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. CPR certification
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.