How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring that they assist physicians with all patient care.
A day in the life of a Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Measuring and recording vital signs.
- Recording patient interview, history and chief complaint.
- Providing patient education with regards to office policies, medications, management of diseased, home treatments and special diets.
- Assisting the physician with exams and minor office surgery.
- Preparing patients for examinations and performing routine screening tests.
- Change dressings, applying bandages, removing sutures and other first aid procedures.
- Using CPR skills when required.
- Maintaining supplies, equipment, stocking, and sterilization of instruments
- Practice OSHA safety standards.
- Performing accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- May triage patient phone calls/review prescriptions with patient as directed by physician.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
- Perform Phlebotomy
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent such as a GED.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with varying populations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of computerized processes and data entry procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.