Manager, Materials Management, JSMC
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
The Manager, Materials Management at JSMC plans, organizes, schedules and manages the work of the Materials Management Department at assigned Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) hospital campus. Responsible for high level of internal customer service to ensure that buyers procure supplies in a timely manner and give requesters updates in regard to the status of all orders. Coordinates capital requisition process including capital/construction project budgets.
A day in the life of a Manager of Materials Management at JSMC with Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manages inventory consistent with Materials Management policy, while meeting customer needs. Ensures that physical inventories are maintained at 95% or greater accuracy level. Ensures Inventory cycle counts are conducted and documented monthly. Ensures floor-stock/PAR locations are maintained at 95% or greater.
- Oversee the function of all supply distribution, receiving, and shipping activities.
- Act as liaison with supported departments to continuously improve the materials management processes and support and facilitate contracts.
- Work with Administration, Corporate Construction, and end users on the development and progress of equipment purchases pertaining to construction projects.
- Oversight also includes but is not limited to: a. Mailroom oversight included and is through a team of volunteers, not team members.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of experience in a complex supply chain environment; or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a complex supply chain environment.
- Demonstrated Supply Chain ERP proficiency (i.e. PeopleSoft).
- Demonstrated experience with budget systems (i.e. Axiom).
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.