January Registered Nurse - New Grad Residency Program - Jersey Shore University Medical Center
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The New Graduate Nursing Residency Program is tailored for graduating nursing students of accredited institutions to complete a twelve month curriculum.
Please note that you have applied to our posting for the “January” Residency class. This class is for new graduates who will obtain their RN License and can start prior to the “January” class. If you do not meet this criteria, please apply to the posting for the “April” class. This will include new grads who will obtain their license and can start between “February and March.”
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues, and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care, and treatment plans.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient’s assessments, plan-of-care, interventions, and evaluation of rendered care.
- Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness, and disease management.
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- New Jersey Nursing license obtained prior to start date
- Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
- Degree in Nursing required (AAS, BS, or MS)*
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs
- Strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers
- Exceptional focus on teamwork
- Dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus
*New RNs hired without a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain a BSN within 3 years as a condition of employment.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.