Inventory Control Coordinator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A day in the life of an Inventory Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Restocks assigned department shelves to maintain adequate supply for the primary user
- Monitors orders so that inventory is not excessiveCompletes physical inventory daily and orders products as required
- Checks and removes expired or products near expiration date
- Gets signatures from departments when delivering special orders
- Records receipt appropriately and maintain pertinent records in department files
- Work with Nurse Manager or Department Head to organize stock room and review par levels
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Clean storage areas should maintained in accordance with Department of Health, The Joint Commission and Infection control standards
- Ensures that orders are delivered to the correct department within 48 hours of delivery to the medical center
- Review reports to identify pricing or quantity discrepancies. Ensures that discrepancies are resolved
- Identify causes for budget variance in supply lines
- Communicate/interface with hospital personnel and others in a courteous/friendly manner.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required
- Two years’ experience in a hospital setting desired
- Ability to push, pull, walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate electric jack and/or fork lift desired
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.