Food Service Associate -Per Diem-Evening
The Food Service Associate prepares and delivers patient meals within strict deadlines while maintaining high level of patient satisfaction for food and nutrition. Responsibilities include preparation/assembly of meals, assisting with dishwashing and utility work and/or handling register.
We invite you to listen to our team members describe what it's like to be part of the Support Services Team at Jersey Shore University Medical Center:
- Maintains compliance with the diet prescription and obtaining preferences within that diet.
- Operates register, when assigned, according to established procedures. This includes all correct close out and deposit steps as well as the completion of the over-ring error slips.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment - cooking equipment, work stations, refrigerators, and food warmers.
- Performs routine sanitation assignments such as, sweeping, mopping, garbage removals and completion of the daily checklist.
- Completes and maintains proper documentation of the following: dishmachine temperatures, chemical logs, food temperatures, late tray logs and pantry supply sheet for dry and cold items delivered.
- Posts menu Board and signage as assigned.
- Prepares and serves food accurately following menu and portion guides. Completes pre- portioning of desserts and other foods as assigned.
- Stocks station with food, supplies and other needed items.
- Inspects china for cleanliness and chippings.
- Delivers/pick up of food trucks according to schedule and delivers Child Care meals as assigned.
- Adheres to proper food handling methods as required by local, State and federal regulations.
- Follows all HACCP, Aide & HIPPA guidelines including proper hand washing, personal hygiene, food production, storage, labeling and dating, recording accurate temperatures on a timely basis, and cleaning and sanitation.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Ability to juggle tasks and meet deadlines
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs
- Strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers
- Exceptional focus on teamwork
- Dedication to ongoing education
- Ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some experience in food service
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.