Emergency Dept. Operations Coordinator - Full Time - Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Emergency Department, Care Center, and Pediatric Emergency Department with the monitoring of monthly expenses, revenues, and making cost savings recommendations. The Operations Coordinator designs, develops, and implements business solutions. Works with Emergency Department leadership and Nursing leadership to identify necessary requirements. Verifies, assembles, and evaluates certain information, such as monthly variances, patient experience reports, accruals, and productivity. Position reports to the Nursing Operations Manager. Candidate must have ability to work a flex schedule when needed to meet with day and night shifts.
1. Develops templates for data reporting needs
2. Conducts operations huddles on non-clinical information (team member forums, patient experience scores, departmental pilots).
3. Assists in developing and maintaining budgets
4. Explains monthly and year-to-date variances and fluctuations using statistical, financial, and operational data.
5. Analyzes contracts versus time and materials
6. Provides advice and technical assistance with cost analysis and budgetary preparation.
7. Assigned to special projects
8. Daily Patient Experience rounding to ensure positive customer experience
9. Ensuring Joint Commission readiness regarding Environment of Care
10. Coordinates patient throughput and bed management to ensure optimal bed utilization in accordance with policies and procedures.
11. Plan organization and implement department activities to enhance the service to our customers while focusing on patient throughput
12. Track, analyze, and report on relevant data as needed or requested.
13. Maintains operational needs of the department including transportation, supplies, equipment, plant operations, and environmental services
14. Coordinates equipment inventory, maintenance schedule and repairs
15. Interact with ED leadership, Biomedical department, and distribution to alleviate issues
16. Informs management of operational problems of related equipment
17. Works with both Information Technology, Biomedical Engineering, and Environmental Services, to ensure equipment in the department is operational.
18. Keep Emergency Department leadership informed of barriers to patient progression.
19. Process purchase orders/capital requests.
20. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
21. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Finance.
2. Minimum 4 years of experience in hospital environment/healthcare environment.
3. Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
4. Hours of Operation: Typically, 830AM-5PM, however, scheduling dependent on department needs which can include evening shifts as well.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. MBA preferred
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.