Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
The Driver drives an automobile or other Hackensack Meridian Health vehicles to transport mail, medications, lab specimens, supplies, and equipment between facilities.
This position's hours are Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 11:00pm.
A day in the life of a Driver with Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists clients: All appropriate assistance is provided to clients into and out of the vehicle, and to and from health care facilities or their homes to ensure patients are not injured when entering or leaving the vehicle.
- Client safety: All clients are transported safely and comfortably while obeying all laws, ordinances, policies, and procedures. Observes the patient's response and decides whether or not to complete an assigned trip or transport the patient directly to the nearest hospital.
- Communication: Required information is reported to supervisor and clinical staff on a daily basis and in an effective manner.
- Completes emergency checklists as assigned to assist in the operations of the Family Health Center and performs other duties as requested during van down time. Log sheets for fire extinguishers. Emergency lights are completed monthly in addition to duties requested and assignment is completed without error.
- Deliveries: Transports equipment, mail and supplies. Specimens, medical and office supplies, mail, office equipment are transported efficiently and as requested.
- Delivers emergency medications, specimens, medical supplies, mail, office equipment and blood when required.: Performed as requested.
- Documentation: Prepares reports of mileage traveled, gasoline used, number of patients transported, unusual incidents. Ensures vehicle documents are present and up to date (insurance and registration).
- Drives HMH vehicles carefully and in accordance with state and local traffic laws and ordinances, and county policies and procedures. All transportation duties are safely performed while obeying all laws, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Driving: Vehicle is driven safely and operated properly.
- Maintains vehicle drop off and pick up schedule as outlined but is flexible to respond to special requests needed. Schedule is maintained on a daily basis.
- Participates in HMH Emergency Transportation program if requested.
- Prepares reports of mileage traveled, gasoline used, number of trips completed, etc., and any unusual incidents. Records number of people transported on a daily basis: Required information is reported to supervisor on a daily basis and in an effective manner.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Refuels, cleans, and checks vehicles for required servicing and repairs and schedules the same. Maintains van upkeep such as oil changes, general maintenance, washing, cleanliness, and informs the manager of needed repairs. Follows policies and procedures regarding van maintenance.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior. For Child and Adult Day Programs Only:
- Emergency Technical Care: Assesses the seriousness of a patient's condition and administers emergency technical care, including mouth to mouth resuscitation and quieting a seizure patient and placing a tongue blade between his teeth. Any necessary action is taken to ensure patient safety. Observes the patient's response and decides whether or not to complete an assigned trip or transport the patient directly to the nearest hospital providing emergency care.
- Transportation safety: Attends to patients' safety and comfort en route by driving carefully and in accordance with state and local traffic laws and ordinances and county policies and procedures. All patients are transported safely and comfortably while obeying all laws, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Valid NJ Drivers License with a clean driving record for 3 years.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift, bend and stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid NJ State Driver's License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.