Developmental Pedi Consultant
Come join the NJ Pediatric Psychiatry Collaborative (NJPPC) at Jersey Shore University Medical Center. The NJPPC provides consultative support to pediatricians and pediatric providers throughout NJ to assist them in early identification and care management of their patients’ behavioral and mental health needs within their medical practices. Some of the services that the NJPPC provides are informal consultations to pediatricians by our child and adolescent psychiatrists, formal consultations to assist pediatricians in bridging medication to patients, and care coordination to pediatricians’ patients in need of mental health resources. The NJPPC seeks a Developmental Pediatrics Consultant to join a growing team and be an active member within our consultative team that will provide consultations to pediatric providers seeking guidance and support to better manage their patients with developmental disorders.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide developmental and behavioral consultation to primary pediatric care providers to assist them in the
medical care of their pediatric patients.
2. Complete medical and neurodevelopmental evaluations for children with developmental-behavioral concerns,
including children under the age of 5 years.
3. Recommend appropriate therapeutic interventions and early intervention/special education services and help
pediatric providers navigate how to access additional services as indicated
4. Assist in development of monthly schedules of outreach activities based on strategic and programmatic
priorities of the department.
5. Work with Statewide Medical Director and Clinical Operations Manager to innovate ways to address gaps in
service, unmet treatment needs, and innovative strategies to enhance collaborative care with primary pediatric
6. Remain well-informed of research around best practices in child developmental assessment and treatment and
participate with regional and/or national workgroups/professional organizations focused on child development
7. Lead education activities such as monthly webinars for pediatric providers as well as be a participating
faculty/advisor in our Learning Collaborative Team.
8. Other duties and/or projects as assigned by PPC leadership.
9. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Experience in working collaboratively with other pediatric providers.
2. Ability to work at a fast pace, prioritize multiple activities and respond in a timely manner to requests.
3. Self-motivated, adaptable, flexible, and ability to network effectively with others.
4. Minimum of three years of prior pediatrics experience
5. Fellowship trained in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Knowledge of medical, behavioral health, and psychiatric terminology
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) from an accredited medical school
2. MD - Doctor of Medicine Current state medical license and in good standing with medical board
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1.Board Certification in Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics or Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.