Contact Center Team Lead
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Contact Center Team Lead will provide hands-on support to PAC Contact Center representatives who are handling multi-channel requests in a fast paced-centralized contact center environment, interacting with patients, families and clinical staff to schedule appointments, register patients and handle other medical requests. This role requires advanced customer service skills, advanced problem solving skills and the ability to assist with refresher training of existing and new team members. effectively provide support to team members to ensure they are following correct procedures and protocols. With direction from Contact Center management, Team Leads will work collaboratively with representatives to offer guidance and/or handle escalated calls to achieve quality and performance standards.
This position will require a hybrid schedule with both on-site work at our Neptune, NJ location and off-site remote work. Coverage and schedules will be created between 7:30 am-7:00 pm Monday through Friday, as well as Saturdays from 8:30 am-12:00 pm ( on a rotating basis as needed).
Some on-site training will be required for the first few weeks of employment.
A day in the life of a Contact Center Team Lead at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures, suggesting methods to improve areas of operation, efficiency and service.
- Provide Contact Center team members with support and respond to escalations.
- Communicate information to and from team members, other managers and departments.
- Assist with new and refresher training of team members.
- Ensure accuracy in all required demographic, financial, referral/authorization, clinical and other registration data is accurately scheduled, collected, verified and communicated.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, verbal and written communication skills including attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Communicate any process or performance concerns to Managers on a timely basis.
- Audit phone, email and other customer interactions, observing performance, techniques and application of guidelines and procedures.
- Coach and provide training to personnel to maintain high customer service standards.
- Required to meet specific performance metrics of productivity and quality assurance.
- Assist Contact Center Supervisor and contribute in maintaining a positive work environment and in motivating the team.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years previous call center experience in a customer service environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills gained from prior customer/patient experience in a similar call center role.
- Ability to multi-task and be a hands-on self-starter in a fast paced environment.
- Proven customer service and problem resolution skills
- Strong computer, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to handle de-escalations
- Familiar with health care insurance eligibility and authorization
- Outstanding work ethic and strong adherence to a shift schedule (may include overtime and weekend work)
- Must possess good problem solving skills and the ability to approach problems logically and troubleshoot.
- Must possess good time management skills: multitasking, prioritizing to accomplish multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Strong organizational and planning skills with an eye for detail.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associate or Bachelors degree.
- Previous experience using the EPIC system.
- 1 year of healthcare experience as a Medical assistant or assisting patients in any capacity.
- 2+ years of previous experience working in an inbound call center environment.
- Experience in healthcare or hospital systems and insurance processes
- Bilingual in Spanish.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.