Contact Center Representative - Part Time
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Contact Center Representative will handle multi-channel requests in a fast-paced centralized contact center environment, interacting with patients, families and clinical staff to schedule appointments, register patients and handle other medical requests. This role interacts with a diverse customer base to assist with questions, concerns or problems with a focus on first contact resolution, providing exceptional customer service, striving to anticipate and meet the needs of HMH consumers, treating all consumers and colleagues with dignity and respect, and working collaboratively to achieve quality and performance standards.
A day in the life of a Contact Center Representative at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Answer incoming calls, emails and chats to accurately schedule, re-schedule, or cancel appointments according to guidelines and established protocols.
- Perform new patient pre-registration. Positively verifies/updates patient identity, demographics, insurance and all other data as required.
- Collaborate with patients, medical practices and various insurance companies to ensure that authorizations are obtained in a timely fashion.
- Ensures accuracy in all required demographic, financial, referral/authorization, clinical, and other registration data is accurately scheduled, collected, verified, and communicated.
- Utilize current Electronic Health Record (Epic) to perform transactions and accurately and efficiently document and route messages to the appropriate practice.
- Respond to patient portal requests and educates patients on the use and benefits of the patient portal.
- Assists with locating a primary care or specialty provider with appropriate referrals within the health system.
- Collaborates, communicates and coordinates to create a positive patient experience.
- Assists patients with any questions and resolves calls with minimal outside direction by researching and exploring answers, alternative solutions, implementing solutions, and escalating unresolved problems.
- Required to meet specific performance metrics of productivity and quality assurance.
- Adheres to all established workflows, scripting, and department call flow.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy, active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness and other skills as identified to interact with a variety of customers including patients, practice staff, physicians, colleagues and leaders.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience working in a customer service, customer facing (i.e., retail or hospitality) or call center environment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong telephone soft skills gained from prior customer/patient experience in a similar call center role.
- Possess a true patient first attitude, and a passion for assisting patients and delivering a differentiating patient experience on every contact.
- Clear speaking voice.
- Outstanding work ethic and strong adherence to shift schedule (may include overtime and weekend work).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associate's or Bachelors Degree.
- 1 year of healthcare experience as a Medical assistant or assisting patients in any capacity.
- 2 years of previous experience working in an inbound call center environment.
- Previous experience using EPIC system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, hospital systems, and insurance processes.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.