Clinical Pharmacist Specialist - Full time with benefits - Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist oversees drug usage and ensures drug therapy optimization in all areas of medication management. Educates healthcare professionals and patients with regard to medication use as well as serving as a preceptor to Pharmacy students.
A day in the life of a Clinical Pharmacist Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Oversee the pharmacological management of Leukemia patients and patients in our Bone Marrow Transplant program
- Evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of medications, with an emphasis on Oncology treatment plans.
- Collaborate with physicians and other health care providers in selecting the medication therapy that best meets the patient’s needs and contributes effectively to the overall therapy goals. Apply specialized knowledge of the scientific and clinical use of medications; including medication action, dosing, adverse effects, and drug interactions.
- Active role in the development and implementation of protocols and appropriate drug utilization.
- Staff education: Provide education to healthcare team including pharmacists, nurses, physicians and students through in-services, presentations, lectures, clinical pearl memos and competencies. Perform Medication Use Evaluations (MUEs) and formulary reviews. Educate healthcare team on new formulary medications, updated policies and procedures, medication safety initiatives and drug shortages.
- Interdisciplinary relationships: Strives to develop a good rapport with the medical and nursing staff in addition to other multidisciplinary departments by actively seeking out opportunities to improve patient care and medication management.
- The practitioner routinely attends assigned meetings, understands the goals and strategy of the meeting, and actively participates in achieving those goals.
- Responds to immediate medication needs/questions from pharmacy, nursing, physicians and patients in a timely and accurate manner. Develops alternative strategies for drug shortages.
- Student precepting: Provides practical experience and training to a pharmacy student including patient care rounds, topic discussions, seminar presentations, patient case presentations and journal clubs, etc.
- Must be a NJ Licensed Pharmacist with an active license
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency preferred
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residency or strong aptitude in internal medicine and medication safety
- Prior Clinical Specialist experience preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.