Clinical Office Manager-Internal Medicine/Endocrinology (Physician Services)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Office Manager manages departmental operations, and business functions including, but not limited to, scheduling, registration, billing, collection, patient and team member satisfaction, and purchasing. Supervises clinical and clerical team members and serves as liaison between the department, providers, and administration.
A day in the life of a Clinical Office Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Acts as a liaison between the hospital administration, the providers, and the team members.
- Promotes team work and facilitates intra-office communication and problem solving.
- Ensures office has adequate inventory and monitors purchasing while remaining within budget parameters.
- Manages team members and leads by example to ensure patients and visitors are greeted and taken care of in the proper manner.
- Answers patientsÂ¿ questions and concerns, monitors flow of patients within the office, and ensures team members and patients are aware of delays.
- Works with hospital administration to develop and implement goals and objectives.
- Recommends and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversees all areas of office operation and acts as a resource to staff and physicians.
- Manages an active, ongoing process of improving patient satisfaction that is specific and measurable and provides regular progress reports to administration.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce expenses.
- Responsible for overseeing the billing practices within the office.
- Ensures key functions such as accurate data entry of demographic information, charge and payment posting, and end of day procedures are completed as needed.
- Keeps abreast of reimbursement procedures and insurance requirements and regulations.
- Runs billing reports regularly on appointment reconciliation reports and visit data.
- Maintains records of daily deposits, monitors physician performance and productivity, and provides necessary feedback to improve efficiencies.
- Prepares monthly reports on visits, new patient volumes, hospital volumes, surgical volumes, expense variances, OT Explanations, and revenue.
- People Management: Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement.
- Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals.
- Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas.
- Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
- Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested. Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate.
- Complete all other assigned duties and projects in a timely fashion.
- 2 Year / Associate Degree- Business Management or related health field required
- Supervisory experience required
- Excellent communication skills, leadership abilities, positive attitude, ability to multitask, organized, flexible
- Computer knowledge
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree - Business Management or related health field preferred
- Knowledge of Epic preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.