Business Manager Pediatrics
The Business Manager, Pediatrics acts as business manager for all K Hovnanian Children’s Hospital (KHCH) and provides management resources for pediatric business units and programs. The Business Manager performs as a key leader within the K Hovnanian Children’s Hospital with direct responsibility for all aspects of overall business/financial operations of the pediatric units and providing the Director, Women and Children’s Services, and other leaders as appropriate, with sound business advice and management information required to meet departmental and institutional financial objectives. This individual is directly responsible for planning and development, implementation and execution, and ongoing maintenance and continuing improvement of all financial systems necessary to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Children’s Hospital.
- Ensures integration of operations and billing practices in all programs working collaboratively with KHCH leadership.
- Coordinates and expedites the hiring process for salaried, clinical physicians and APNs hired by the Department of Pediatrics at JSUMC to assure that all hiring and managed care credentialing documents have been submitted prior to a start day.
- Prepares department files regarding all new hires or potential hires for the physicians and nurse practitioners in the Department of Pediatrics being presented at Credentialing Committee
- Oversees CMS compliance on Pediatric practices in conjunctions ith Corporate Compliance Department and KHCH leadership
- Audits and assures Joint Commission compliance in the practices and programs
- Provides leadership for the development of all business strategic initiatives to support current and future KHCH departmental operations, including annual business plan development.
- Develops detailed monthly reports on all relevant financial metrics
- Works with the Director of Women and Children’s Services and the Medical Director of KHCH to establish policies, procedures, and systems that ensure that all business/financial data are maintained according to guidelines and with appropriate assurances. Ensures that policies are in compliance with international, national and institutional practice standards and guidelines, regulatory requirements, applicable laws and policies.
- Provides professional consultation and information to leaders, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals.
- Establishes strong working relationships with all Hackensack Meridian Health staff involved in KHCH and serves as a key source of business/financial information on a consistent basis.
- Works collaboratively with other departments across the institution and the network to ensure successful operations of KHCH.
- Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
- Serves as the project lead for US News and World Report rankings.
- Assists as practice manager for hospital based specialties.
- Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement.
- Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals.
- Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business of healthcare administration
- 5 years of hospital/health care experience, preferably in billing or finance
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Supervisory experience preferred
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.