Certified Medical Assistant- OBGYN (Physician Practice)
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in providing clinical care to select patients under the supervision of the professional nurse or licensed medical practitioner and provides clerical office assistance.
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and instruments.
- Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting as directed.
- Takes patient's vital signs and records in medical chart.
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
- Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a performance evaluation checklist completion. Also performs UDS, BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after performance evaluation checklist completion.
- Maintains records by completing patient records as directed; file record and reports.
- Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
- Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
- Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent such as a GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with varying populations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of computerized processes and data entry procedures
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant or Certified Registered Medical Assistant or National Certified Medical Assistant or Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate or Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.