Supervisor, Pharmacy Technician, Long Term Care
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacy Technician Supervisor works in conjunction with the Pharmacy Manager in the various activities involving the daily direct supervision of technician functions including but not limited to workflow, call-in, scheduling, automation management and quality process within the pharmacy.
A day in the life of a Supervisor, Pharmacy Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. In conjunction with the Pharmacy Manager and Operations Supervisor, determines Technician Staff levels
2. In conjunction with the Pharmacy Operations Manager, participates in interviews of prospective certified technicians.
3. Oversee all pharmacy floor technicians and ensure they are complying with all company, local, federal, and state applicable policies and laws.
4. Prepares floor technician staff schedule
5. Conducts initial and on-going orientation and training of all floor technician staff.
6. Ensures that adequate technician staff is available at start of day and during peak operation hours.
7. Monitors all technician work areas to ensure that staffing is distributed in concert with work flow in that area.
8. Monitors and ensures that all technician activities are performed in accordance with New Jersey Board or Pharmacy regulations, OSHA, and Hackensack Meridian Healthcare Policies and Procedures.
9. In conjunction with the Pharmacy Operations Manager, conducts employee performance reviews.
10. As required, works alongside the technician staff in performance of their duties, including, but not limited to:
o Packaging materials and products
o Pulling medications from shelving and other medication storage areas in preparation for dispensing,
o Applying labeling to prescriptions then scanning product for accuracy check
o Alerting pharmacist on duty of any medication/product that is not scanning properly
o Maintaining designated workstation areas and replenishes all stock supplies needed
11. Follows all applicable government regulations including HIPPA
12. Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
13. Other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. At least three (3) years of previously effective supervisory or lead pharmacy technician experience.
3. Prior Pharmacy Technician Experience in Hospital or Long Term Care.
4. Must be comfortable using multiple software programs.
5. Must be organized and possess effective time management skills.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT/PTCB)
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ Pharmacy Technician License.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.