Staff Pharmacist, Long Term Care
****Shift Differential Available for Nights****
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacist is responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical care to adult and geriatric residents in a long-term and post-acute care environment. They are responsible for prescription entry/interpretation, drug utilization review, preparation/compounding, and verification.
A day in the life of a Staff Pharmacist, LTC at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Execute day-to-day pharmacy activities including drug screening, order entry, drug fulfilment and product verification.
2. Carry out duties in compliance with all laws and regulations dealing with the practice of pharmacy, provision of pharmacy services within licensed LTC and Assisted Living Centers, and in line and compliant with third party payer rules and regulations.
3. Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security of the pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
4. Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders.
5. Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
6. Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
7. Ensure that all orders are addressed and completed prior to the end of your shift.
8. Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
9. Other Duties as Assigned: Complete all other assigned duties and projects in a timely fashion.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. PharmD or Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. At least two (2) years of related pharmacy experience.
2. Knowledge of long-term care pharmacy software and operating systems.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Registered Pharmacist License.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.