Phlebotomist - Full time - Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Phlebotomist collects accurate and complete blood specimens from inpatient, outpatient, outreach clients and patient home draws on patients of all ages, in a timely manner in accordance with HMH and Laboratory policies and procedures and Federal / State regulations.
A day in the life of a Phlebotomist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Collects blood specimens from patients via venipuncture and skin puncture according to physician orders and applicable regulations, policies and procedures to ensure complete and accurate specimens for testing within established time guidelines.
2. Perform phlebotomy requests on in-patients, out-patients and outreach patients. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
3. Performs registration as required.
4. Travel as required.
5. Ensures proper positive specimen identification.
6. Delivers all specimens to the laboratory as needed.
7. Completes STAT calls and time requests within 30 minutes with a minimum accuracy rate of 90%.
8. Travels and performs phlebotomy duties at off-site locations for corporate and municipal health fairs, and delivers specimens to laboratories as needed.
9. Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work area observing all safety, hygienic and infection control procedures established to avoid possible injuries and exposure.
10. Responsible for stocking of blood drawing supplies.
11. Assists in telephone coverage as needed.
12. Participates in training personnel and students as requested by HMH Leadership.
13. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
14. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of a training program, prior work experience desirable. Proven phlebotomy skills with patients of all ages.
3. Minimum of one or more years of experience in a hospital lab, physician office, or patient service center.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Three years of phlebotomy / laboratory experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Valid Driver's License from USA state.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. PBT(ASCP) certification or equivalent.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.