Pharmacy Technician (Certified) - Long Term Care
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Join our GROWING team of exceptional Pharmacy Technicians at HighlyReliableRx Orchestrated by Hackensack Meridian Health located in Eatontown, NJ!
Our state-of-the art Long Term Care Pharmacy has been providing excellent patient care since 2019. Competitive sign-on bonuses, industry leading rates and incredible benefits are available.
Pharmacy Technicians: Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, assists the pharmacists and other healthcare providers in a manner to provide medications accurately and efficiently to the long-term care patient population served by Hackensack Meridian Health.
*****ANY AND ALL RETAIL PHARMACY TECHS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY!!!*****
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Technician (LTC) at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Manage and run packaging and dispensing automation commonly used in the long-term care pharmacy setting.
2. Process prescription refill requests.
3. Answer incoming phone calls
4. Fill prescription orders for pharmacist verification.
5. Prepare compounded medications/complete documentation for pharmacist review.
6. Assist in maintaining pharmaceutical inventory.
7. Order medications, stock drug shelves, clean drug shelving, and remove expiring medications from stock.
8. Maintain accurate and up-to-date prescription files.
9. Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to all medication use and pharmacy policies and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Effective oral and written English communication.
3. Strong ability to multi-task.
4. Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Hospital, Retail, or Long-Term Care Pharmacy experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Active New Jersey Pharmacy Technician license in good-standing OR Active New Jersey Pharmacy Technician license in good-standing within 180 days of start of employment.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.