Medical Receptionist- Eatontown Health and Wellness (Physician Practice)
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Medical Receptionist provides reception and clerical services under the supervision of the practice manager and physician(s) for the patients and visitors of the practice. These services may include billing, collections, referrals, appointments, patient contact, and general secretarial duties.
Be a part of Hackensack Meridian Health's newest Ambulatory Heath Venture!
Eatontown Health and Wellness is a new state of the art medical facility that will provide high quality, convenient and easy access to all patient's health and wellness services under one roof. Offering access to urgent care, primary care physicians, specialty physicians, lab, and imaging services for patients in our communities.
HMH is seeking customer service oriented individuals to provide administrative care and to create the best possible patient experience. The Health and Wellness Center will be a multispecailty experience for our patients and team members. We are creating a team approach for the entire center where all resources will be shared. Some of the services in the center will be:
*The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work in any assigned practice location and work varied and rotating days/evening and weekends schedules
A day in the life of a Medical Receptionist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Receives and directs all communication courteously and consistently. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines and office policy. Phone calls are answered quickly and directed appropriately.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Conducts oneself in a friendly manner, by smiling, making direct eye contact and making patients and visitors feel welcome and important.
- Assists patients with the sign in process. Responds promptly to patient's needs.
- Supports financial responsibilities, including: staying abreast of reimbursement and billing procedures, accurately verifies information on Audit Journal, prepares bank deposits and credit card batches and signs and dates completed daily cash receipts.
- Monitors general office supply inventory and equipment, including working with Team Members to determine their supply needs. Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, when supplies are low and initiates ordering of needed supplies and equipment.
- Manages patient check-in process. Consistently and courteously obtains and verifies required demographic information (date stamp and/or copy insurance card). Collects copayment and any applicable balances; Verifies insurance eligibility; Ensures appropriate referrals are obtained (specialty offices); Ensures patient completes appropriate paperwork including but not limited to face sheet, ABN, and HIPAA forms; Accurately enters patient demographic information in billing/computer system.
- Manages patient check-out process, ensuring the process is completed accurately and timely and in a friendly manner. Check-out process includes, but not limited to, reviewing charge slip, posting charges and payments into system, collecting current and past due balance(s), scheduling future appointment(s).
- Promotes patient satisfaction by providing excellent service through friendly and helpful interactions with patients and visitors. Communicates potential patient satisfaction issues to direct manager.
- Maintains efficient and accurate filing and record maintenance system.
- Assembles new patient folders. Retrieves and returns records according to protocol.
- Adapts work schedule to meet the needs of the practice. Works additional hours as requested to maintain adequate coverage for the practice. Willing to cross cover when necessary. Clocks in at designated start time. Managers time effectively to prevent unapproved OT.
- Serves as a pre-loader for our EMR system.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- Must be able to travel to various locations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Prior receptionist or clerical experience in a medical office
- Epic experience
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- CPR certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.