Lead Pharmacy Technician, OmniCell - Full time - Day
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Lead Pharmacy Technician, OmniCell, will be responsible for supervision of the OmniCell process as well as overseeing the filling of the OmniCells in the field. They will assist the Professional Services team in on-boarding new facilities and partner with the facility nursing teams. This position will take on special projects within the pharmacy as well as maintain the various OmniCell databases. A large portion of this position will be customer-facing with direct contact with facility nursing staff. A complete knowledge of the pharmacy dispensing process will be necessary to be able to answer customer questions in the field.
A day in the life of a Lead Pharmacy Technician, OmniCell, at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. In conjunction with the Pharmacy Leadership Team and Nursing Leadership, maintains and implements medication formulary in facility OmniCell.
2. Ensures facility OmniCell is optimally stocked to minimize medications falling below established PAR levels, as well as minimizing expired medications.
3. Establishes replenishment schedule for OmniCell cabinets, based on collected data.
4. Coordinates with pharmacy Professional Services Representatives for replenishing medications in the OmniCell cabinets. This will require travel to the facilities on a routine basis.
5. In conjunction with pharmacy Professional Services Representatives, provides training and education for pharmacy and nursing team members on use of the OmniCell cabinets.
6. Maintains user database for the OmniCell cabinets.
7. Ensures billing transactions for items removed from the OmniCell cabinets are captured and entered on a routine basis.
8. Responsible for ensuring medications stored in the OmniCell cabinets do not expire and are removed from the cabinets prior to expiration.
9. Add new medications to the OmniCenter database and ensure that medication barcodes scan properly prior to medications being loaded into the OmniCell cabinets.
10. Troubleshoot problems that arise relating to the OmniCells as reported by the facility or realized through the OmniCenter. Contact OmniCell support and resolve issues that arise.
11. Monitor controlled substance use reports and identify trends with usage.
12. Assist with maintenance on the facility medication carts as directed by Pharmacy IT Manager.
13. Will be assigned special projects that fall outside of the scope of the pharmacy team.
14. Track and maintain travel miles for visits to facilities.
15. Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of Pharmacy Technician experience in Hospital or Long-Term Care.
3. Must be comfortable using multiple software programs.
4. Must be organized and possess effective time management skills.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Familiarity with FrameworkLTC and FrameworkECM.
2. Two (2) years of previously effective supervisory or lead pharmacy technician experience with a focus on OmniCell dispensing systems.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. New Jersey Pharmacy Technician License in good standing.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Advanced Pharmacy Technician Certification - PTCB.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.