Director, External Occupational Health
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
In this strategic role, the Executive Director, External Occupational Health will identify and win executable business through managing the business development lifecycle (e.g., identifying, shaping, capturing, and creating proposals for contracts) for external clients of HMH occupational health, The Keeping America Safe: Hackensack Meridian Health Assist Program, as well as work closely with members of the Corporate Wellness, Integrative Medicine, Executive Physicals and Urgent Care programs to assist in the growth of their client base. Set the growth-oriented strategy for HMH occupational health. Identify opportunities for organic growth and oversee management of all external client accounts. Maintain existing external business through ensuring optimal service levels, appropriate service offerings, and that quality of care needs are met. Advise on pricing decisions for services offered. Ensure that Occupational Health initiatives are aligned with the HMH network’s larger strategic growth goals.
A day in the life of a Director, External Occupational Health at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Set strategic goals for external client growth of the Occupational Health function at HMH
- Oversee development and execution of network business development plans for Occupational Health, supporting external customer needs.
- Spearhead the building of customer relationships on key, large contracts, cultivating an extensive network within the customer and helping to build relationships between the customer and HMH Occupational Health
- Works closely with the Executive Director of Internal Occupational Health to ensure coordination of service delivery and to strategize on future growth opportunities.
- Works closely with the Chairperson of Occupational Health to ensure synergy amongst all constituents.
- Works closely with The Keeping America Safe: Hackensack Meridian Health Assist Program,
Corporate Wellness, Integrative Medicine, Executive Physicals and Urgent Care programs to assist in
the growth of their client base when there are synergistic or additional opportunities to provide these
services to external clients.
- Develop external client contract development through partnering with HMH’s legal department
- Monitor progress of new and existing programs towards achieving growth and modify action plans
- Work with Team member health & safety data analysis team to understand trends in occupational health
facility utilization and areas for opportunity, as well as to compile data and reports as appropriate for
- Monitor utilization of services and support OH Sales/Marketing in growth of business.
- Act as account executive for largest, most important external client accounts. Oversee account
executives, and ensure retention and growth of external Occupational Health clientele
- Educate key customers on the value of HMH services, and defend key recompetes
- Ensure maintenance of existing external business through providing optimal service levels, assuring
appropriate service offerings in conjunction with other HMH external-facing offerings as relevant (e.g.,
wellness or urgent/ambulatory care offerings), and working with other HMH Occupational Health
leaders to ensure quality of care provided
- Advise on pricing decisions for services offered
- Ensure appropriate response to customer satisfaction issues and needs related to the provision of
- Manage and/or assist in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members. Drive retention
of top Business Development talent within the HMH Occupational Health function, through specific
initiatives (e.g., personal mentoring, training programs)
- Promote an environment that facilitates innovation, creative solution development and empowerment.
- Coach, counsel, and evaluate performance of direct reports.
- Adhere to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree in Business or Nursing.
- Minimum 10 years proven effective and progressive leadership experience.
- Expertise in strategic/business planning and new business development.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Presentation and negotiation expertise.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and proactive crisis management capabilities.
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate and reach agreement across diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to various HMH and non-HMH facilities.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; effective use of diplomacy, tact and judgment with the ability to articulate and translate eloquently the complex goals, missions and aspirations of Occupational Health.
- Possesses a style which is both innovative and results-oriented.
- Exhibits flexibility while influencing others to improve processes and implement changes.
- Must have extremely strong service-orientation and ability to build relationships with senior and operational executives; demonstrated track record of success proving ability to translate customer needs into new business/revenue opportunities.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Clinician with master's degree.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs to track customer interactions.
- Sales experience.
- Teaching and / or training experience.
- Change Management experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License or MLP - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License or Medical Doctor License.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- National Certification in Occupational Health or equivalent.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.