- Requisition # 2023-134047
- StatusPart-time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
As a Case Manager, you will be responsible for case management for HMH team members injured on the job and select external clients. You will provide oversight for non-complex cases handled on-site by the LPN.
A day in the life as a Case Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Directly manages complex cases. Develops treatment plans that improve quality and efficiency while controlling costs and monitoring outcomes.
- Assesses the treatment plan; appropriate specialty referral, diagnostic testing and therapies, progress with duty status. - Familiar with HR P&P integrated in OH practice i.e., FMLA, NJFLA, etc.
- Manages complex WC cases; review specialty progress notes for accuracy i.e; causality, duty status.
- Participates in periodic case reviews with HMH of South worker's compensation insurance provider and select external insurance providers.
- Reviews lost and modified time. Notifies Hartford of all lost time cases.
- Assesses progress toward maximum medical improvement.
- Assesses the need to initiate the interactive process at the 8th week of modified duty for HMH team members.
- Reviews team member ESL requests and prepares documentation and communicates determination to leader - Reviews legal correspondence and takes appropriate action.
- Demonstrates positive behavior in face of opposition of team member or external client who is non-compliant or otherwise not engaged in the plan.
- Utilizes sound clinical judgment opening a claim. Consults with the treatment team.
- Communicates with providers and other disciplines in a timely manner to review case progress and address issues.
- Acts as a professional resource for designated site(s) regarding team member blood borne pathogen and communicable disease exposures, compliance with treatment recommendations and follow up care.
- Ensures follow up for licensed health care provider fitness for duty issues; acts as liaison between RAMP organization and Human Resources.
- Fosters a multidisciplinary approach to case management of internal and select external worker's compensation cases - Provides oversight for on-site LPN non-complex caseload.
- Conducts TB risk assessment for non-negative and indeterminate QFT results.
- Performs critical evaluation of case expenditures. Tracks/charges appropriate case management fees. Reviews all bills for team member worker¿s compensation treatment for accuracy in preparation for approval of payment. Identifies opportunities for cost savings by: taking actions to decrease lost time, utilizing preferred provider network and monitors/negotiates fees for durable medical equipment.
- Identifies opportunity for service referrals to HMH. Reviews referral report monthly.
- Documents case activities in the case management note. Documentation is descriptive and clearly communicates case progress. Prepares case management reports on a monthly and quarterly basis for select external clients.
- Supports Site Supervisor in preparation of quarterly reports for Infection Prevention Committee; sharps injury data, communicable disease exposure. Supports Site Supervisor by as needed in review of sharps injury log monthly. Supports Site Supervisor by review of OSHA log for accuracy and completion monthly.
- Monitors TM Injury Data and select external clients- ensures report accuracy; identifies trends.
- Supportive role for HMH entities site inspection by regulatory agencies. Alternate hospital committee attendance.
- Develops and presents educational programs for internal and external clients as required.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 4 years or more of Occupational Health experience or HRRAS.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- BLS/CPR Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Security Officer- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Intake Specialist- Per Diem- EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
House Supervisor- Behavioral Health- P/T, E/O WeekendHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.