Billing Clerk, Post Acute Pharmacy
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsible for long-term care pharmacy billing functions as assigned by the Billing Manager. Will work as a liaison with long term care facility customers to address concerns with monthly invoices or with resident’s bills.
A day in the life of a Billing Clerk t at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Communication with customer facilities to establish new and revised patient billing status information.
- Entry of and maintenance of patient billing status in Framework LTC pharmacy system.
- Electronic billing of Medicare, Medicaid and Third Party Insurance claims utilizing Framework LTC Pharmacy system.
- Skilled Nursing Facility, Assisted Living Facility and Private pay claim billing
- Troubleshoot rejected insurance claims resulting in payments
- Prior Authorizations required from Third Party Insurance
- Bill/Invoice Review
- Medicaid Pending Status Review
- Updated Skilled Nursing Facility Census and Resident Payer Status
- Collections on accounts
- Projects as needed
- Customer Service orientated (external and internal)
- Reconcile third party payments using Framework LTC.
- Maintain Daily deposit log.
- Post third party and private payments using Sage 300.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associate’s Degree or High School diploma (or GED)
- One (1) to two (2) years’ medical billing/collections experience (long-term care preferred).
- Excellent customer service and phone skills required.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) proficiency.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.