Unit Secretary - Older Adult Unit- FT
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Carrier Clinic, a behavioral health system, has been a trusted source of compassionate help and supportive healing for patients and their families since we opened our doors in 1910.
Carrier Clinic has been a trusted source of expert care for those afflicted with mental disorders or substance abuse. We rank among the top psychiatric and rehab recovery centers in NJ for several reasons. We’re always respectful of our patients’ privacy. We’re always compassionate to each individual situation. Our specialized mental health and addiction treatment programs work to return adults, adolescents, and older adults back to enjoyable and productive lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position functions under the supervision of the Charge Nurse/ Unit Director. Provides support services for the unit by performing clerical and receptionist duties. This position is cross trained as and may be asked to perform Mental Health Technician duties.
- Coordinates the ordering and distribution of unit supplies every week and as needed.
- Prepares requisition slips for/or arranges for services provided by other hospital departments.
- Documents data on seclusion, restraint, precaution, and 15/30 minute check sheets.
- Conducts patient search at admission, upon return from pass, or as clinically indicated under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Functions as a role model of healthy interpersonal relationships and demonstrates appropriate behavior for patients, family, and staff
- All positions include a mandatory Every Other Weekend and some Holiday work requirements
- Mandatory New Hire Orientation is (7) weekdays from 8:00am-4:30pm
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum one year behavioral health care and/or administrative/clerical experience. Licenses and Certifications Required: 1. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or completed in the first 90 days of employment.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.