Teacher of Mathematics
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Our school facilitates and nurtures our students, grades 7 - 12, along their educational journey. This is an all empassing effort where school staff empower, encourage and model strategies for our students. The school team is a professional support network, helping build a student's inner wealth and resilience for their eventual return to their sending school districts. Our goal is for the students who attend our school to be better equipped to tackle school and community life
A day in the life of a Teacher of Mathematics at HMH/Carrier Clinic includes:
- Provide well-constructed Mathematics lessons that meet the requirements and the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards for Mathematics (Common Core)
- Lessons should be presented that focus upon proficiency levels based on standards developed by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and the NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards in Mathematics
- Lessons should have clearly stated objectives, builds on previous learning and relates to future lessons that contain a summary of key points
- Prepare lesson plans that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities that reflect the National and New Jersey State curriculum standards in Mathematics
- Utilizes a variety of learning materials and activities and utilizes discussion and questioning techniques effectively
- Assesses and monitors students progress frequently and by appropriate means, feedback, and modifying the lesson as needed
- Reports accurate and relevant information regarding student progress and achievement at conferences, IEP meetings, drafts PLAAFPs, on report cards, on progress reports and to administrative staff as needed
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: 1. Bachelor's degree 2. Minimum three (3) years work experience as a Teacher
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: 1. Math Degree 2. Special Education teaching experience with adolescents
Licenses and Certifications Required: 1. Certified Teacher (NJ Depart of Ed)
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.