- Requisition # 2023-132534
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Teacher of General Business Studies assists with implementing the New Jersey Department of Education Core Curriculum Content Standards while providing a well-developed senior and junior high school level program in General Business Studies and Financial Literacy for classified pupils. Incorporates the organization's Mission, Values, and Service Standard Behavior guidelines in the fulfillment of all duties and responsibilities.
A day in the life of a Teacher of Business Studies at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Provide well-constructed General Business Studies lessons that meet the requirements and the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards in Financial Literacy.
2. Lessons should have clearly stated objectives, builds on previous learning and relates to future lessons that contain a summary of key points.
3. Prepare lesson plans that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities that reflect the National and New Jersey State curriculum standards in General Business Studies and Financial Literacy.
4. Utilizes a variety of learning materials and activities and utilizes discussion and questioning techniques effectively.
5. Assesses and monitors students' progress frequently and by appropriate means, feedback, and modifying the lesson as needed.
6. Reports accurate and relevant information regarding student progress and achievement at conferences, IEP meetings, drafts PLAAFP's, on report cards, on progress reports and to administrative staff as needed.
7. Participates in school-based committees in developing programming and curriculum for the students.
8. Provides clearly articulated behavioral expectations to students and provides students with feedback and reinforcement regarding their behavior.
9. Applies the school-wide behavior rewards program and behavioral contracts as directed.
10. Enforces school rules consistently and contributes to the maintenance of a safe and orderly environment.
11. Maintains constructive relationships with other staff members.
12. Maintains positive and appropriate relationships with students.
13. Seeks assistance from appropriate personnel whenever student related or school related problems occur.
14. Implements student-related intervention plans and other plans related to the daily operation of the program as directed by an administrator.
15. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
16. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
2. Minimum three years' experience working as a Teacher.
3. NJDOE Criminal History Review.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJDOE Teacher of General Business Studies or NJDOE Teacher of General Business Studies Certificate of Eligibility.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Security Officer- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Intake Specialist- Per Diem- EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
House Supervisor- Behavioral Health- P/T, E/O WeekendHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.