Staff Psychiatrist coordinates and administers psychiatric and medical care to all patients and residents of Carrier Clinic. (Carrier Clinic is referred to herein as the “Facility.”) Conforms to performance improvement standards of patient care as established through Carrier Policies and Procedures. Provides professional representation of Carrier to other health professionals, community agencies, and the lay public.
- Provide psychiatric and medical treatment to walk-ins, patients, residents, staff
and employees in the Facility, as requested.
- Follows all EMTALA regulations and the Facility’ requirements concerning
- Completion of admission evaluation, assessment of strength and assets, mental
health status and diagnosis.
- Completion of treatment planning including medication orders, status, laboratory
tests, diets, etc.
- Completion of treatment plan in collaboration with treatment team.
- Completes all documentation/orders as required with timeliness and quality
including delinquencies and incident reporting.
- Reviews all laboratory results and documents timely.
- Responds to Utilization Management and documents requests efficiently and
- Consultation/liaison with Nursing Supervisor, as needed.
- Responds to nursing requests as needed.
- Daily responsibility of their patient caseload.
- Performs back up duties as assigned.
- Adherence to performance improvement protocols including clinical pathways.
- Coordinates with Carrier’s Chief Medical Officer to oversee and improve clinical
services provided at the Facility.
- Collaboration/joint protocol agreements with Advanced Practice Nurses, as
requested by Chief Medical Officer.
- Documentation of unusual incidents.
- Progress note documentation for patients requiring special monitoring, e.g.,
suicide precautions, seclusion or restraints.
- Returning all patient and family phone calls on a timely basis.
- Referral and managed care contacts as needed.
- Required to be available throughout the shift at all times and respond to
- Adheres to timekeeping and payroll policies.
- Reliable and on time to all scheduled coverage.
- Participate in daily group meetings, including morning report.
- Required to be at key Medical Staff Meetings at the request of the Chief Medical
- Acts as Facility representative to general public presenting for services.
- Membership in professional societies.
- Interacts well with patients, visitors and Facility staff, responding promptly to
inquiries with tact and sensitivity.
- Demonstrates a courteous, cooperative, pleasant and positive attitude, maintaining
strict standards of confidentiality.
- Models the I CARE standards of behavior.
- Maintains standards of behavior as established in the Organizational Ethics and
Codes of Conduct Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Meets or exceeds
expectations of patients, hospital and staff members, in person or via the telephone in the
course of performing assigned accountabilities. Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- New Jersey State licensed MD/DO
- Current New Jersey medical license; Current US Department of Justice Drug
Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate; Current NJ Controlled
Dangerous Substances (CDS) certificate; Board certified or Board eligible in
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; Continued fulfillment of
Continuing Medical Education requirements as established by the ABPN
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.