Security Officer - Full Time - Evening
Carrier Clinic, a behavioral health system, has been a trusted source of compassionate help and supportive healing for patients and their families since we opened our doors in 1910. Carrier Clinic has been a trusted source of expert care for those afflicted with mental disorders or substance abuse. We rank among the top psychiatric and rehab recovery centers in NJ for several reasons. We’re always respectful of our patients’ privacy. We’re always compassionate to each individual situation. Our specialized mental health and addiction treatment programs work to return adults, adolescents, and older adults back to enjoyable and productive lives.
Come join our Amazing team of Security Officers here at Hackensack Meridian Health-Carrier Clinic! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a generous sign on bonus!!!
The Security Officer will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of patients, team members, physicians, visitors, students and Medical Center property. These responsibilities include but are not limited to continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons visiting the Medical Center
Security Officer Job Description
- The prime responsibility of this position is to safeguard patients, staff, visitors, buildings, grounds, assets and to maintain safe operations in all types of situations
- The position monitors and guides the work of the security department, and oversees daily work schedules to maintain security coverage twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
- Duties are performed unarmed and in cooperation with the local authorities
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property, inspecting access points and monitoring surveillance equipment
- Investigates security breaches, incidents and other alarming behavior
- Informs violators of policy and procedures
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. 2 years of college credits
2. Previous experience as Security Officer or Law Enforcement experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Possession of a valid driver's license
2. Full scale State, County, Federal, and License Check will be conducted every other year
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.