How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers, at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A Pharmacist provides prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals as needed for adequate patient care according to professional standards, practices and legal requirements.
- Compounds, labels, packages and dispenses medications and pharmaceuticals.
- Oversees the work of pharmacy technicians.
- Interprets and clarifies orders for all types of medications.
- Monitors drug therapy as assigned by medical staff; suggests alternative drug therapy when appropriate. Consults with and advises medical staff personnel regarding utilization of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Acts as liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning prescriptions, orders, drug information, adverse drug reactions, incidents and concerns.
- Ensures secure storage and dispensing of narcotics and other controlled substances on a regular basis.
- Researches drug information requests and responds promptly.
- Advises patients, family and employees on use of various medications including dosage, side effects and directions when appropriate.
- Participates in Q.I. review; regularly documents inspection of all nursing units.
- Assists Director in maintenance of patient records, files, computer databases and other records.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Completion of internship or student externship in pharmacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum one year of experience as a Pharmacist in a clinical setting.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Registered Pharmacist License.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.